Below is a summary of the results of 35 students who John Zaborskis consistently tutored and who took the TACHS and/or HSPT. They will enter high school in September 2019. Most prep was in group lessons but some was individual. They earned over $1,318,594 in academic scholarships to high schools in Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and New Jersey.
- Regis High School, Manhattan – Regis High School Admissions Profile
- four students passed the rigorous Regis exam. A full four-year scholarship/acceptance is valued at over $22,401/year = more than $89,604 over four years each
- Xavier High School, Manhattan – Xavier High School Admissions Profile
- one scholarship of $46,000 in total over four years
- one half scholarship of over $9,712 per year = more than $38,848 over four years
- one Presidential scholarship worth $31,000 in total over four year
- one quarter scholarship valued at $19,424 over four years
- Marymount School of New York, Manhattan – Marymount School of New York Admissions Profile
- one approximately half scholarship of $80,000
- St. Ignatius Loyola High School, Manhattan
- one half scholarship of $20,488/year = more than $81,950 over 4 years
- Xaverian High School, Brooklyn – Xaverian High School Admissions Profile
- one full four-year scholarship = $15,900/year = more than $63,600 over four years
- one three-quarter scholarship = $11,925/year = more than $47,700 over four years
- four half scholarships = $7,950/year = more than $31,800 over four years each
- two quarter scholarships = $3,975/year = more than $15,900 over four years each
- Fontbonne Hall Academy, Brooklyn – Fontbonne Hall Academy Admissions Profile
- one quarter scholarship ~ $4,000/year = more than $16,000 over four years
- St. Edmund’s Preparatory High School, Brooklyn
- one scholarship ~ $2,000/year = more than $8,000 over four years
- Staten Island Academy, Staten Island
- one approximately three-quarter scholarship of 28,000 per year = more than $112,00 over four years
- St. Joseph by the Sea High School, Staten Island
- one full four-year scholarships = $8,435/year = more than $33,740 over four years
- one scholarship of $3,000/year = $12,000 over four years
- one quarter scholarship ~ $2,109/year = more than $8,435 over four year
- St. Joseph Hill Academy, Staten Island – Saint Joseph Hill Academy Admissions Profile
- two full four-year scholarships = $8,750/year = more than $35,000 over four years
- one half scholarship = $4,375/year = more than $17,500 over four years
- Notre Dame Academy, Staten Island
- one half scholarship = $4,850/year = more than $19,400 over four year
- Monsignor Farrell High School, Staten Island – Monsignor Farrell Admissions Profile
- one half scholarship ~ $4,203/year = more than $16,810 over four years each
- St. Peter’s Boys High School, Staten Island
- one half scholarship = $4,240/year = more than $16,960 over four years each
- Moore Catholic High School, Staten Island
- one full four-year scholarships = $8,251/year = more than $33,004 over four years
- St. Joseph High School, Metuchen, New Jersey
- one scholarship ~ $3,000/year = more than $12,000 over four years
A 2.5% increase over the previous year’s tuition was assumed if a more recent, accurate price could not be found on a site like TACHSinfo.com. If anyone has more accurate numbers for tutiton, please let us know and we will update them.
This is a sum of over 1.3 million dollars in academic scholarships. Most students made all three high schools on the TACHS and were accepted to at least their first choice. Many were accepted to the Honors and/or Scholars programs to schools such as Convent of the Sacred Heart, Christian Brother’s Academy, and many of the schools above.
The average award from all 35 students was over $37,674 in scholarships over four years. If a student received a scholarship, his or her average was $50,725. The median of those students was $73,255.
18 out of the 35 students earned a scholarship, 17 of which earned more than $10,000. This is about half of students John Zaborskis tutored.
13 students earned at least $25,000 in combined scholarships. This is slightly more than 1 out of every 3 students.
10 students earned at least $50,000 in combined scholarships. This is 2 out of every 7 students.
4 of those students earned at least $100,000 in combined scholarships. This is 1 out of every 9 students.
Over the past 3 years, John Zaborskis has helped students earn over $4 million in scholarships. See our past TACHS and HSPT results since 2016 here: TACHS and HSPT Scholarship Results
2016 Results – $430,000 in scholarships
2017 Results – $1.4 million in scholarships
2018 Results – $1.4 million in scholarships
Preparation for the rigorous high school entrance exams in New York such as the Test for Admission to Catholic High Schools and High School Placement Tests has already begun. Contact me to talk about how we can get the best results from your student. Sixth and seventh grade is a great time to start, not only because of the impending high school entrance exams but also because grades in school in 7th grade matter heavily for entrance into most high schools. Most topics in Algebra, Physics, Chemistry, Math, and Calculus rely on concepts learned/mastered around 7th and 8th grade.
John Zaborskis also teaches a summer TACHS course at St. Joseph – St. Thomas in Staten Island.