Below is a summary of the results of 52 students who John Zaborskis consistently tutored for the TACHS and/or HSPT in individual and group lessons. Entering high school in September 2020, they earned over
$1,733,000 in academic scholarships to high schools in Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and Queens.
This is over $6 million in scholarships for eighth grade students from 2016-2020.
- Regis High School, Manhattan – Regis High School Admissions Profile
- three students passed the rigorous Regis exam. A full four-year scholarship/acceptance is valued at over $25,000/year = more than $100,000 over four years each
- Xavier High School, Manhattan – Xavier High School Admissions Profile
- three Loyola Scholarships of $46,000 in total over four years each
- one Presidential scholarship worth $32,000 in total over four year
- Xaverian High School, Brooklyn – Xaverian High School Admissions Profile
- three full four-year scholarships = $16,487/year = more than $65,948 over four years each
- three three-quarter scholarships = more than $49,461 over four years each
- two quarter scholarships = more than $16,487 over four years each
- Fontbonne Hall Academy, Brooklyn – Fontbonne Hall Academy Admissions Profile
- two half scholarships ~ $6,118/year = more than $24,470 over four year each
- two quarter scholarships ~ $4,000/year = more than $16,000 over four yearseach
- Bay Ridge Prep, Brooklyn
- one full scholarship ~ $64,200 over four years
- St. Savior High School, Brooklyn
- one $5,000/year scholarship = more than $20,000 over four years
- St. Edmund’s Preparatory High School, Brooklyn
- seven students were asked to sit for the scholarship exam based on their TACHS score. They were guaranteed a minumum of 1,500 each year = $6,000 over four years
- one student sat for the exam and earned $7,500 per year = $30,000 over four years
- Staten Island Academy, Staten Island
- one Winters Scholarship of 29,000 per year = more than $116,00 over four years
- St. Joseph by the Sea High School, Staten Island
- seven full four-year scholarships = $8,805/year = more than $35,220 over four years each
- one half scholarship = more than $17,610 over four year
- one ‘40%’ scholarship = $14,088 over four years
- one scholarship of $3,000/year = $12,000 over four years
- St. Joseph Hill Academy, Staten Island – Saint Joseph Hill Academy Admissions Profile
- one full four-year scholarships = $9,000/year = more than $36,000 over four years
- Monsignor Farrell High School, Staten Island – Monsignor Farrell Admissions Profile
- four full four-year scholarships ~ $8,300/year = more than $33,200 over four years
- St. Peter’s Boys High School, Staten Island
- one full scholarship = $9,000/year = more than $36,000 over four years
- one half scholarship = $4,500/year = more than $18,000 over four years
- The Mary Louis Academy, Queens – The Mary Louis Academy Admissions Profile
- one half scholarship ~ $4,875/year = more than $19,500 over four years
A 2.5% increase over the previous year’s tuition was assumed if a more recent, accurate price could not be found on a site like TACHSinfo.com. If anyone has more accurate numbers for tutiton, please let us know and we will update them.
Half the students in the program earned a large scholarship
This is a sum of over 1.7 million dollars in academic scholarships. Most students made all three high schools on the TACHS and were accepted to at least their first choice. Many were accepted to the Honors and/or Scholars programs to schools such as Notre Dame Academy, Moore Catholic High School, and many of the best schools in the NYC area above.
The average award of all 52 students was over $33,335 in scholarships over four years. If a student received a scholarship, his or her individual average was $66,670. The median of those students was $42,730.
26 out of the 52 students earned a scholarship over $10,000. This is half of students John Zaborskis tutored.
20 students earned at least $25,000 in combined scholarships. This is about 2 out of every 5 students.
12 students earned at least $50,000 in combined scholarships. This is slightly less than 1 out of every 4 students.
5 of those students earned at least $100,000 in combined scholarships. This is about 1 out of every 10 students.
John Zaborskis has helped students earn over $7 million in scholarships.
See our past TACHS and HSPT scholarship results since 2016 here: High School Admissions Scholarship Results
Preparation for the rigorous high school entrance exams in New York such as the Test for Admission to Catholic High Schools and High School Placement Tests has already begun. Contact me to talk about how we can get the best results from your student. Sixth and seventh grade is the best time to start, not only because of the impending high school entrance exams but also because grades in school in seventh grade matter heavily for entrance into most high schools. Above all, most topics in algebra, physics, chemistry, math, and calculus rely on concepts learned/mastered around 7th and 8th grade.
Start Preparation for the High School Admission Exams Now
As of March 14, 2020, all practice tests and classes are being held online until further notice.
If you have questions, call 917 592 4466, Email Me or fill out the form below.